[FieldTrip] Oscillatory power normalization

Joseph Dien jdien07 at mac.com
Tue Apr 24 08:41:20 CEST 2012

I'm new to spectral analysis so take anything I say with a grain of salt:

1) If one intends on taking the average of a band (like 8-12Hz for alpha), seems like maybe helpful to correct for 1/f so the lower bands don't dominate?

2) Another issue is spectral density (correcting for frequency bin width for discrete Fourier).  As far as I can tell, FieldTrip isn't doing this.  Seems like it should be standard.  Or at least it should say in the documentation whether it is being done.  Am I wrong?

Cheers!

Joe