[FieldTrip] ft_denoise_synthetic 3rd order grad

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Apr 19 10:02:43 CEST 2012

Hi Barbara,

Good plan to adjust the code a bit in this respect. Could you please file a bug about this on our bugzilla list: bugzilla.fcdonders.nl

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs

On Apr 19, 2012, at 8:59 AM, Barbara Haendel wrote:

> Hey there, thanks a lot for the replies!
>
> Panagiotis hit the mark. Indeed the reference channels were excluded in the first round of preprocessing. May be one could include a short note on that in the ft_denoise m-file description since only including relevant channels is the normal way to treat data in preprocessing.
>
> Thanks again,
> Barbara
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:53:56 +0200
>> Von: Panagiotis Tsiatsis <Panagiotis.Tsiatsis at Tuebingen.MPG.de>
>> An: Email discussion list for the FieldTrip project <fieldtrip at donders.ru.nl>
>> Betreff: Re: [FieldTrip] ft_denoise_synthetic 3rd order grad
>
>> Hello girls and guys,
>>
>> It is working for my CTF MEG data - the version that I have is v4692
>> 2011-11-07.
>>
>> The other thing that might cause a problem could be ommiting the
>> reference channels definition before the ft_ preprocessing command that
>> gave you your "dataprepro"
>>
>> i.e maybe you might  need something like this
>>
>> cfg = [];

>> //various preprocessing parameters
>>
>> cfg.channel            = {'MEG', 'MEGREF', 'REFGRAD' , 'REFMAG'};
>>
>> dataprepro = ft_preprocessing(cfg);
>>

>> Hope you are lucky :)
>>
>> Best,
>> Panagiotis
>>

>> On 4/16/2012 4:59 PM, Stan van Pelt wrote:
>>> Hi Barbara,
>>>
>>> I can replicate your finding, but am unsure what is causing it. Maybe
>>> the difference/correction is lower than the Matlab or CTF precision?
>>> In any case, if the 3rd order gradients were on, ft_denoise_synthetic
>>> would undo the G3BR-balancing, ergo it toggles.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Stan

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793