[FieldTrip] Function ft_prepare_bemmodel deprecated...

Diana Ibanescu diana.ibanescu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:33:11 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am interested in an example how to compute an EEG leadfield with OpenMEEG
in the Fieldtrip toolbox. I found a demo script here:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/testing_bem_created_leadfields
When I call the function ft_prepare_bemmodel(cfg, vol) I receive the
following warning:
"Warning: FT_PREPARE_BEMMODEL is deprecated, please use
FT_HEADMODEL_BEM_... with cfg.method = 'bem_bladeebla'
instead."
The function ft_headmodel_bem_openmeeg receive as parameter "geom" while
ft_prepare_bemmodel receive other parameters:
 vol = ft_headmodel_openmeeg(geom, ...)

  Optional input arguments should be specified in key-value pairs and can
  include
    isolatedsource   = string, 'yes' or 'no'
    hdmfile          = string, filename with BEM headmodel
    conductivity     = vector, conductivity of each compartment

Are the 2 functions similar? Is there any demo updated after the function
ft_prepare_bemmodel became deprecated? What function can I use instead?

Thank you,
Diana.