[FieldTrip] PLV definition and implementation

Natalia Grion grion at sissa.it
Fri Apr 13 11:14:08 CEST 2012

Dear Fieldtripers, I would like to know how you define and implement
'plv' (phase locking value) in the fieldtrip. I do not see any
documentation on this issue of reference paper and I'm confused by the
fact that this definition was used by Lachaux (1999) and fieldtrip is
taking the cross-spectrum and doing some treatment (difficult to
follow in the series of functions involved) to ignore amplitude
consistency (I guess a different treatment from coherence 'coh'
function).
Could you clarify this to me or give me a reference paper?
Thanks!
Natalia