[FieldTrip] beamformer results smaller than brain

Akiko Ikkai akiko.ikkai at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:18:19 CEST 2012

Thanks, Arjen and Gio,

I played around with cfg.inwardshift during ft_sourceanalysis, and
adjusting it to somewhere between .25 and .5 gives decent results (it was
originally set to 1), i.e. good coverage with no shrinkage.

I'm actually a little confused about why one might need cfg.inwardshift
parameter... Assuming the segmentation into different tissue types goes
correctly, is it best to set the inwardshift parameters as close to 0 as
possible (or not specify), since we'd want to put dipoles ranging the whole
volume of the brain?

Thanks! Akiko