[FieldTrip] ft_denoise_synthetic 3rd order grad

Stan van Pelt stan.vanpelt at fcdonders.ru.nl
Tue Apr 24 10:14:54 CEST 2012

Hi all, A follow-up question on the implementation of 3rd-order gradiometer correction in FT: I am puzzling how one can do both 3-order grad. correction and dft-filtering properly using FT. the logical sequency would be to do ft_denoise_synthetic first, and subsequently dft-filtering using ft_preprocessing. However, in that case it is no longer possible to pad the data when calling ft_preprocessing, because it now processes trial-data (output from ft_denoise_synthetic), and doesn't read in the original dataset anymore. or am I mistaken here? I could see 3 alternatives, which seem to be more like (computationally) suboptimal workarounds: - Apply ft_denoise_synthetic on the entire dataset, then dft-filter the entire dataset, and then run ft_redefinetrial to cut the data into actual trials - Adjust the trial definition such that longer data segments are read in, equivalent to your padding size. Then apply ft_denoise_synthetic on these trials, then dft-filter them, and then run ft_redefinetrial to cut the data into actual trials - Doing the 3-rd order grad. correction first using the DataEditor, and then process it further using FT. Any thoughts? Best, Stan ----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----