[FieldTrip] NeuroScan QuikCap64

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Tue Apr 17 12:57:37 CEST 2012

Hi Julian,

layout-files are in 2D, thus there is no need for a third dimenstion.
You can use the x- and y-coordinates from your software package.
If you got a third coordinate, you can try to build an elect-structure, see:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_are_electrodes_magnetometers_or_gradiometers_described
In case you got no third dimension, you can just set the z-coordinates
to 0 for the elect-structure. It won't be 100% correct though, but the
best you can do when only having a 2D layout at hand.

You can also try one of the other layouts that we have that look
similar, i.e. any layout that obeys the 1020-system (I am using
easycapM11.lay, just try ft_prepare_layout while setting cfg.feedback='yes')

Best,
Jörn

On 4/17/2012 12:07 AM, Julian Keil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently started using a NeuroScan 64 Channel SynAmps2 System
> with a QuikCap.
> Does anyone know how to prepare a layout for this cap?
> From the Scan4.2. software, I only get x and y coordinates, but no z
> coordinates, and on the setup CD I can only find PDF files with the
> layout.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Julian