[FieldTrip] ft_denoise_synthetic 3rd order grad

Barbara Haendel B.Haendel at gmx.net
Mon Apr 16 15:56:13 CEST 2012

Dear fieldtrip users,

has anyone experience in using  ft_denoise_synthetic? If I try to calculate 3rd order grads in the below specified way the data does not change with respect to the input data (which has no synthetic gradiometer applied). Is there some obvious misunderstanding on my side of how to use this function or is our environment truly noiseless :)

Cheers,
Barbara

cfg=[];
cfg.gradient ='G3BR';
cfg.trials   = 'all';
data_3rdorder = ft_denoise_synthetic(cfg, dataprepro);

>> data_3rdorder.grad.balance

ans =

        G1BR: [1x1 struct]
        G2BR: [1x1 struct]
        G3BR: [1x1 struct]
     current: 'G3BR'
    previous: {'none'}

>> sum(dataprepro.trial{8}(30,:)-data_3rdorder.trial{8}(30,:))

ans =     0