[FieldTrip] Antw: Re: loading brainvision data

Gregor Volberg Gregor.Volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Sep 22 12:56:14 CEST 2011

Hi Brian,

Johanna is correct - manually editing the file names in Brainvision eeg data often causes problems. This is because the original name of the EEG data file ('*.eeg') and the corresponding marker file ('*.vmrk') are both stored within the header file ('*.vhdr'), and these information won't change accordingly if you rename the files on your hard disk. If the original data name is not available to re-rename the files on your hard disk, you can see them in the *.vhdr-file (5th and 6th row of the vhdr file, just open it with a text editor).  Alternatively, you can edit the file name information within the vhdr-file to match the file names on your hard disk.

Best regards,
Gregor

--
Dr. rer. nat. Gregor Volberg <gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de> ( mailto:gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de )
University of Regensburg

>>> Johanna Zumer <johanna.zumer at donders.ru.nl> 9/22/2011 11:48 AM >>>
Hi Brian,

Also I noticed in your error you have '-kop' in the file name but not in the dataset name. I've noticed that one can't change the file name of .eeg files (e.g. copying them to a new file name) and then still load them; you should stick to the original name as it was given when collected.

Best,

Johanna