[FieldTrip] Antw: Re: ANOVA and tails

Stanley Klein dualitystan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:21:59 CEST 2011

Gregor is correct in what he says. I would like to take it one step further.
I hope future statistics books and even Fieldtrip would remove the option of
doing a two tailed t-test. If you want to do a two tail t then simply use F
=t^2. That removes ever needing to say you are doing a two-tail t. However
in doing the one-tailed t you would need to specify which tail. The default
of the t could be an upper tail default so you would simply switch sign if
wanting to to the lower tail. The benefit of this approach is that it can
minimize the errors and complexity of dealing with cfg structures.
Stan