[FieldTrip] Time Frequency Analysis and padding

Sylvia Guillory sguillor at brandeis.edu
Mon Sep 19 22:34:39 CEST 2011

Dear FieldTrip Community,

I have a question regarding the ft_freqanalysis function. I acquired EEG
data in a paradigm where each condition varied in length. For instance, the
memory retention period was 600ms in one condition and 900ms in another
condition. I want to perform time-frequency analysis using morlet wavelets.
My question is that if my epochs are different lengths, would I need to set
the cgf.pad parameter to pad the 600ms condition by 300ms so that they are
the same length or is it recommend that when I segment the data that I
produce longer epochs for my time of interest in the 600ms condition? Thank
you for your time.

-Sylvia