[FieldTrip] Error in ft_timelockgrandaverage after import from EEGLAB

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 17:14:34 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have imported data from EEGLAB (using eeglab2fieldtrip()) and averaged
within fieldtrip, and then attempted to grand average (using
ft_timelockgrandaverage with all the default options except
cfg.keepindividual='yes'). I got the following error message:

??? Error using ==> fixdimord at 63
The data does not contain a dimord, but it also does not resemble raw data

Error in ==> ft_checkdata at 151
  data = fixdimord(data, strcmp(sourcerepresentation, 'new'));

Error in ==> ft_timelockgrandaverage at 72
  varargin{i} = ft_checkdata(varargin{i}, 'datatype', 'timelock',
'feedback', 'no');

The structure of my average data after importing from EEGLAB looks like
this, which I notice is missing some fields that data processed in fieldtrip
with ft_preprocessing normally have:

CF007_avg =

      label: {1x36 cell}
    fsample: 1000
       elec: [1x1 struct]
        avg: [36x1201 single]
        var: [36x1201 single]
       time: [1x1201 double]
        cfg: [1x1 struct]

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the error?

Thanks a lot,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

--
Stephen Politzer-Ahles