[FieldTrip] ??? Reference to non-existent field 'res4'

Davide Rivolta drivolta81 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:57:17 CEST 2011

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I am trying to preprocess a subject. There is an error I have never seen
before.

It says:   ??? Reference to non-existent field 'res4'.

However, in my subject´s folder there is a .res4 file.

To note that, when I have completed to test the subject, it was not possible
to determine the head movement since “the system could not determine the
position of the nasion”. May this be related?

The file is corrupted and I can not open it with fieldtrip even with
 ft_read_header.

Thanks for the help,

Davide

HERE IS THE ERROR:

working on:

SRW66_VisualGamma1_20110913_01.ds

# of run in Design is:1

cfg =

     dataset: [1x94 char]

    datatype: 'continuous'

    trialdef: [1x1 struct]

Warning: no trialfun was specified, using trialfun_general

> In ft_definetrial at 101

  In Main_VG_HF at 72

evaluating trialfunction 'trialfun_general'

readCTFds: This dataset has multiple meg4 files.

readCTFds: .11_meg4 file header=   Valid header options:  MEG41CP  MEG42CP

??? Reference to non-existent field 'res4'.

Error in ==> ft_read_header at 331

    hdr.Fs           = orig.res4.sample_rate;

Error in ==> trialfun_general at 55

hdr = ft_read_header(cfg.headerfile, 'headerformat', cfg.headerformat);

Error in ==> ft_definetrial at 144

    [trl, event] = feval(cfg.trialfun, cfg);

Error in ==> Main_VG_HF at 72

    cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);