[FieldTrip] ANOVA mixed design, main effect

Sysoeva, Olga Vladimirovna sysoevao at psychiatry.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 1 18:36:58 CEST 2011

Certainly! Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: fieldtrip-bounces at donders.ru.nl [mailto:fieldtrip-bounces at donders.ru.nl] On Behalf Of Eric Maris
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:27 AM
To: 'Email discussion list for the FieldTrip project'
Subject: Re: [FieldTrip] ANOVA mixed design, main effect

Hi Olga,

2
> group of subjects. I'd like to examine the effect the effect of group
> and effect of condition, a well as interaction. The only effect I
> managed to examine with filedtrip right now is the interaction one. I
> subtracted
cond1-
> cond2 and applied ft_timelockstatistic with independentT. I believe
> this approach is related to the concept of the between/within factors
> interaction. But how to examine main effects? I can certainly test
> them separately, but
>
> I appreciate any help.
> I believe I more or less understand the theory underlying this
> analysis,
but
> what I need more now is how to implement in technically.

Main effect of Group: Do a between-subjects analysis (using indepsamplesT) on the dependent variable cond1+cond2

Main effect of the within subjects factor: Do a within-subjects analysis of
cond1 versus cond2 (using depsamplesT), ignoring the Group variable.

Best,

Eric Maris

dr. Eric Maris
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior Radboud University P.O. Box 9104
6500 HE Nijmegen
The Netherlands
Visiting address: Spinozagebouw Room B.03.44
T:+31 24 3612651
Mobile: 06 39584581
F:+31 24 3616066
mailto:e.maris at donders.ru.nl
http://www.nphyscog.com/

> Best,
> Olga.
>

> Olga Sysoeva,
> Research Associate, PhD
> Washington University School of Medicine Campus Box 8134
> 660 South Euclid Ave
> Saint Louis, MO 63110-9909
>
> The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected
> Healthcare Information or other information of a sensitive nature. If
> you
are
> not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use,
disclosure,
> copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
> this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> email in
error,