[FieldTrip] Fwd: [FIELDTRIP] Independent channels stats question

Maris, E. (Eric) e.maris at psych.ru.nl
Fri Oct 28 11:53:36 CEST 2011

Dear Sangi & Vladimir,

> Eric might correct me if I'm wrong but when you do cluster-based
> stats
> and your cfg.neighbors structure is empty what happens is exactly
> what
> you described.

This is correct.

You are still effectively correcting for 200 channels
> just not for all the pixels so it should be quite close to Bonferoni
> across channels.

The permutation test should be me sensitive because it takes into account the spatial correlation in the data.

Sangi, it will not hurt if you would try clustering along the spatial dimensions. In my experience, ECoG sometimes shows spatially distributed effects.

best,

Eric Maris