[FieldTrip] Using "virtual sensors" for data analysis

Belluscio, Beth (NIH/NINDS) [E] BelluscB at ninds.nih.gov
Fri Oct 7 17:40:11 CEST 2011

Dear Fieldtrippers-
  In my process of learning about different methods of analyzing MEG data, I have found the different Fieldtrip tutorials extremely useful.  One method that is frequently quoted in the literature is using "virtual sensors" to determine, for example, the frequency response associated with an event within a specific brain region.  In trying to learn about the processing steps necessary for this method, it has been difficult for me to translate the methods quoted in the literature into specific steps within Fieldtrip.

I wonder what people think about trying to construct a tutorial that would act as a guide to the procedures (and pitfalls) associated with analyzing data within source space.

Beth.

Beth Belluscio MD-PhD
Clinical Fellow
Human Motor Control Section