[FieldTrip] 60 Hz notch using preprocessing

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Fri Oct 28 10:36:45 CEST 2011

Dear Francesco,

A notch filter is referred to as a band-stop filter in
ft_preprocessing's documentation, and is different from the
(regression-based) DFT filter. To use a notch filter, specify:

cfg.bsfilter = 'yes';
cfg.bsfreq = [58 62]; % or whatever you deem appropriate

Note that you will have to apply ft_preprocessing repeatedly if you
explicitly want to filter out the harmonics of the line noise as well.

Best,
Eelke