[FieldTrip] cluster>nothing to plot

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:07:18 CEST 2011

Hi Zita,

I think Lilla's explanation for why your clusters are not showing up in the
plot is right. If you're using the sample script from the cluster tutorial
on the wiki, you can probably resolve this problem by just plotting smaller
time windows; for example, to divide your epoch into 40 time windows instead
of 20, make the "timestep" half as big, make the loop run from k=1:40
instead of k=1:20, and edit the adjust the number of subplots accordingly.

Or, to get a more specific idea of the topography and time course of your
significant cluster(s), you can look in the variables
stat.posclusterslabelmat and stat.negclusterslabelmat, which tell you which
(time, channel) samples belong to significant clusters. (I find it easiest
to do this by writing those variables into Excel files and using Excel
functions to find where the significant clusters are, but it can be done in
Matlab as well.) This is a more exact way to see when and where significant
clusters appear, without worrying about what time windows to select for
plotting.

Best,
Steve

Message: 4