[FieldTrip] second-level statistical inference

Stolk, A. a.stolk at fcdonders.ru.nl
Fri Nov 25 10:04:18 CET 2011

Hi Sara,

If I understand correctly, you want to test intra-subject differences (between conditions) at the second level? This would require the following steps:

1) subject-level statistics, which you have done already

2) grandaverage all these, with keepindividuals=yes.

3) copy the output of the grandaverage (into a dummy variable), and replace the fields containing the subject T-values with zeros (for timelock data this may be the trial fields?)

4) again timelockstatistics, as in step 1, now with the variables following step 3. this should give you the resulting statistics of contrasting intra-subject differences vs. null at the group level.

Hope this helps,

Arjen