[FieldTrip] fileparts() : 4th argument and Matlab R2011b

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Mon Nov 14 18:07:13 CET 2011

Hello,

Starting with Matlab R2010a, the fourth output argument of fileparts()
is no longer supported and has been removed. Calling the function with
more than three output arguments has been generating a warning since
that version R2010a:
	http://www.mathworks.fr/help/techdoc/rn/br_bpq8-1.html#bsdnyvb-1
	http://www.mathworks.fr/help/techdoc/ref/fileparts.html

Although this is not clearly documented and starting with Matlab R2011b,
calling the function with more than three output arguments does error.

I've found a single occurrences of fileparts() being called with 4
arguments in ft_qualitycheck.m:
       [pathstr,name,extr,versn] = fileparts(exportname);
Can you please fix it? Removing the spurious 4th argument should be
enough since neither the 3rd not the 4th argument are used.

There are actually a few other occurrences in subdirectories
external/spm2 and external/spm8 but :
- SPM8 will be fixed soon: the FIL maintainer is aware of the problem,
has fixed it and a patch should be released before next January,
- SPM2 is not maintained by the FIL anymore but I am in the process of
fixing it here:
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/spm2/

Regards,
--