[FieldTrip] Power Time Course

f.dipompeo at unich.it f.dipompeo at unich.it
Tue Nov 8 17:14:01 CET 2011

I would like to know if there is a ft function to calculate the Time
Course of Power of Electric and Magnetic Channels and IC coming from
ft_componentanalysis in the case of continuous resting state data.

I tried to do it using ft_freqanalysis with 'mtmconvol' as method and
a "toi" large as my whole acquisition time window (the script is below).
Time Course of Power should be obtained by summing up the results over
all the frequencies.

Thank you very much,

Francesco

cfg=[];
cfg.method = 'mtmconvol';
cfg.output = 'powandcsd';
cfg.taper = 'hanning';
cfg.trials = 'all';
cfg.foi = 1:150;
cfg.toi = [comp.time{1}(1,1):0.02:comp.time{1}(1,end)];
cfg.t_ftimwin = 4./cfg.foi;
[freq_comp_tr] = ft_freqanalysis(cfg,comp);