[FieldTrip] ICA+frqanalysis questions

Mahesh Casiraghi mahesh.casiraghi at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:32:01 CEST 2011

Dear Yuval and discussion group,

it seems to me that what you are proposing is getting close to what proposed
by the hybrid approach of regica described here:

*Manousos A. Klados, Christos Papadelis, Christoph Braun, Panagiotis D.
Bamidis, REG-ICA: A hybrid methodology combining Blind Source Separation and
regression techniques for the rejection of ocular artifacts, Biomedical
Signal Processing and Control, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online
16 March 2011, ISSN 1746-8094, DOI: 10.1016/j.bspc.2011.02.001.*

They suggest to selectively run regression based AR only on those components
which correlate with EOG signals. This makes sense to me and I have been
trying to experiment that on some old data, although with no clear
conclusions yet. It may be worth a try for Odelia: Anybody out there with
some insights for this - or maybe a similar - approach?

Cheers,

Mahesh

Mahesh M. Casiraghi
PhD candidate - Cognitive Sciences
Roberto Dell'Acqua Lab, University of Padova
Pierre Jolicoeur Lab, Univesité de Montréal
mahesh.casiraghi at umontreal.ca

I have the conviction that when Physiology will be far enough advanced, the
poet, the philosopher, and the physiologist will all understand each other.
Claude Bernard