[FieldTrip] SAM beamforming on Neuromag data

Yuval Harpaz yuvharpaz at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:42:53 CEST 2011

Dear Elena and group
it basically depends on how much co-variability there is. if you use a large
frequency range and a large strech of time you need to correct little if
any. if you use averaged data and say from 50 to 120ms from target onset you
need more regularization. I used 5% even for relatively short time interval
(but large freq. range) and found it reasonable.
yuval
On 31 May 2011 13:06, Elena Orekhova <Elena.Orekhova at neuro.gu.se> wrote:

>  Hi Michael,
>

> > If you run into rank-deficiency issue with the covariance matrix a tiny
> amount of regularization should fix this.
>
> What lambda you would recommend?
>
> Elena

sent from my 4-year-old PC. poor fellow, only ipod classic, no mail there.

Y.Harpaz

a link to the BIU MEG lab:
http://faculty.biu.ac.il/~goldsa/index.html

*"Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake
in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even
the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the
oceans". Douglas Adams
*