[FieldTrip] [multivariate] MEX compiling for 32-bit MATLAB under 64-bit Linux: who helps?

Jen Whitman jenwhitman at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:53:28 CEST 2011

As another ubuntu 64-bit user, I'd say your problem is with your matlab
install rather than with fieldtrip. You may have inadvertently specified
32-bit instead of 64-bit when you installed matlab. If you type "computer"
at the matlab prompt, it should say "GLNXA64". If not, I recommend redoing
the matlab installation and making sure you specify your OS as 64-bit. If
you still get error message about libstdc++.so, you may need to install that
library using the 'synaptic package manger' (in your system menu under
administration). A good resource for help if you have further difficulty may
be linuxquestions.org.

Best of luck!