[FieldTrip] ICA+frqanalysis questions

odelia nakar odidodi at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 10:44:31 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm troubled by the fact that when I use ICA for
blinks\eyes movements removal, I remove the relevant components also
from trials that do not contain blinks\eyes movements. In order to avoid
 this bias we thought to combine the data before ICA ("data" structure)
with the data after ICA ("dataica" structure), only in specific trials,
as follows:

datall=dataica;
datall.trial=data.trial;
datall.time=data.time;
blinks=[2 4 5 8 bla bla 156];
for ind=1:length(blinks)
     datall.trial{1,blinks(ind)}=dataica.trial{1,blinks(ind)};
end

To my first question: I just wanted to check that there is no problem with that, or any reason not to use it.

Another
 issue- I use motor learning task, and I'm trying to understand what
happens through the process, in terms of power-frequency changes through
 the process. How would you recommend that I'd use the ft_freqanalysis
function? What method to use (or what do I need to consider when
choosing the method field)?

Thanks a lot,
Odelia.