[FieldTrip] Tutorial error

Davide Rivolta drivolta81 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:40:11 CEST 2011

Dear Jan-Mathijs

This is the funny part. I run it (and worked) on the 201105053 version two
weeks ago. Yesterday it did not work on the same version. So, I have
downloaded the most recent version 20110516, but it is still not working.

I do not really know what to do with it.

Thanks for your kind help,

Davide

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM, jan-mathijs schoffelen <
jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl> wrote:

> Dear Davide,
>
> I am not sure whether you are using the same fieldtrip version. There has
> been a glitch recently with the trialfun_general, but this should be fixed
> by now. Could you update to a superrecent version of fieldtrip and try
> again?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan-Mathijs
>
> PS: I cannot reproduce your error so I expect it to go away if you update.
>

> On May 18, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Davide Rivolta wrote:
>
>   Dear all,
>>
>> I am a very beginner with fieldtrip.
>>
>> I have tried to run the tutorial a couple of weeks ago, and it worked
>> smoothly.
>>
>> Yesterday I have tried again, but surprisngly I got anerror message, as
>> soon as I started the tutorial (the first step entitled: "reading and
>> processing the interesting trials"):
>>

>> cfg                                = [];
>> cfg.dataset                    = 'Subject01.ds';
>> cfg.trialdef.eventtype      = 'backpanel trigger';
>> cfg.trialdef.eventvalue     = 3; % the value of the stimulus trigger for
>> fully incongruent (FIC).
>> cfg.trialdef.prestim         = 1; % in seconds
>> cfg.trialdef.poststim       = 2; % in seconds
>>
>> cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);
>>

>> ??? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array
>>
>> Error in ==> trialfun_general at 117
>> for i=find(strcmp(cfg.trialdef.eventtype, {event.type}))
>>

>> This sounds really weird since it worked 2 weeks ago on the same machine
>> and with the same version of Fieldtrip.
>>
>> Any advice would be very appreciated.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Davide
>>

> Dr. J.M. (Jan-Mathijs) Schoffelen
> Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour,
> Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,
> Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
> J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
> Telephone: 0031-24-3614793

Davide Rivolta, PhD