[FieldTrip] problem reading 4d header

Yuval Harpaz yuvharpaz at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:39:29 CEST 2011

Dear Nuria
Is it exactly the same fieldtrip version?
I hope someone will solve this.
as temporary work around you can read the header on windows and then move to
linux

yuval

On 13 May 2011 11:42, Nuria Donamayor Alonso <
nuria.donamayor at neuro.uni-luebeck.de> wrote:

> Dear fieltrip users,
> I am using fieldtrip to analyze my 4D/BTI data on a Linux machine with a
> 64-bit Matlab version and I am getting an error I don't know how to solve:
>
> hdr = ft_read_header(['/data/ld1/home/bx95/c,rfDC']);
> ??? SWITCH expression must be a scalar or string constant.
>
> Error in ==> read_4d_hdr at 60
>  switch format
>
> Error in ==> ft_read_header at 153
>    orig            = read_4d_hdr(datafile);
>
> If I try to read the same data on my Windows PC with 32-bit Matlab I have
> no problem reading the header file (but I can't even finish the
> preprocessing before it runs out of memory, therefore the switch to the
> Linux machine), so I'm pretty clueless here... Can any of you help me?
> Thanks,
> Nuria
>

> Nuria Doñamayor Alonso, MSc
> Universitätsklinikum Schleswig-Holstein
> Campus Lübeck
> Klinik für Neurologie
> Ratzeburger Allee 160
> 23538 Lübeck

Y.Harpaz

a link to the BIU MEG lab:
http://faculty.biu.ac.il/~goldsa/index.html

*"Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake
in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even
the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the
oceans". Douglas Adams
*