[FieldTrip] ft_read_vol with Neuromag

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Mon May 23 09:41:17 CEST 2011

Hi Elena

Although some years ago FieldTrip was supporting volume conduction
models from Neuromag using the meg-pd and the (closed source) meg-calc
toolboxes from the company itself, I suspect that nobody has been
using them the last few years. The mex files in meg-pd and meg-calc
were often problematic to work with due to platform and library
issues. The single-shell volume conduction model that is avaialble in
Fieldtrip is currently the preferred volume model.

Looking at the code, there is indeed a bug since cfg.gradfile is not
defined. If you want to continue along the path of meg-pd and meg-
calc, you could hardcode the filename and see how far you get. But I'd
suspect that you don't have the required (commercial) mex files from
meg-calc anyway.

best regards
Robert