[FieldTrip] ft_rejectvisual channel selection

Lozano Soldevilla, D. (Diego) d.lozanosoldevilla at fcdonders.ru.nl
Mon May 16 15:59:36 CEST 2011

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I'm using ft_rejectvisual function to reject visually EOG artifacts of epoched trials. My problem consist that I'm not able to plot only the EOG channels even when I explicitly select them ignoring the 'MEG' channels (I get a plot with all channels MEG + EOG).

I directly used rejectvisual_channel (used in line 263 offt_rejectvisual) function selecting the EOG channels but I'm getting again all channels. Somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Diego

PS: Code

%epoching
cfg = [];
cfg.dataset                     = [direc d(rr,1).name];
cfg.trialdef.eventtype          = 'frontpanel trigger';
cfg.trialdef.eventvalue         = 4;
cfg.trialdef.prestim            = 1; % in seconds
cfg.trialdef.poststim           = 4; % in seconds
cfg.trialdef.epochmoving        = 'inbackward';
cfg.trialdef.pivoteventvalue    = 2;% cue stimulus
cfg.trialdef.jumps              = 1;
cfg.trialfun                    = 'trialselec';

cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);

cfg.channel                     = {'MEG' 'EEG057' 'EEG058'};
cfg.lpfilter                    = 'yes';
cfg.lpfreq                      = 250;
cfg.baselinewindow              = [-1 0];
cfg.keeptrials                  = 'yes';
cfg.demean                      = 'yes';
cfg.continuous                  = 'yes';

data    = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

%..............

%visual data rejection
cfg             = [];
cfg.channel     = {'EEG057' 'EEG058'};
cfg.method      = 'channel';
cfg.keepchannel = 'yes';
data_c          = ft_rejectvisual(cfg,data);

--
PhD Student
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
E-Mail: d.lozanosoldevilla at fcdonders.ru.nl