[FieldTrip] ft_channelselection fails with negation and regex matching

Kanal Eliezer ekanal at cmu.edu
Thu May 5 00:05:54 CEST 2011

Hello fieldtrip -

We have a Elekta Neuromag 306 scanner, and I'm trying to select only the gradiometers. The magnetometers are labeled 'MEGxxx1', where x can be any number, and the gradiometers are either 'MEGxxx2' or 'MEGxxx3'. However, using ft_channelselection results in the following error:

~~~~
>> ft_channelselection({'all','-STI*','-MEG*1'}, cfg.hdr.label)
??? Matrix index is out of range for deletion.

Error in ==> ft_channelselection at 287
channel([
~~~~

This error is somewhat complex, as I was able to determine that ft_channelselection recursively calls itself a number of times while running, and I was unable to figure out what is causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Eliezer Kanal

Eliezer Kanal, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition
Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Ave, Suite 110A
Pittsburgh PA 15213
P: 412-268-4115