[FieldTrip] Source mapping for ITC / PLV

Nathan Weisz nathanweisz at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 22:21:50 CET 2011

hi gregor,

it should basically work.

you may want to look at this paper:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18511307

just a Bardouille & Ross I would beam the complex FFT-coefficients using your spatial filter. that should be faster.
we recently did something very similar to localize the auditory steady state and it works nicely.

steps:
- calculate single trial FFT coefficients for the time / frequency period in which you see nice sensor level ITC
- calculate spatial filter (perhaps using a fixed orientation)
- multiply the coefficients with your filter
- convert to angles
- calculate ITC
- generate something that looks like sourceanalysis structure

good luck,