[FieldTrip] 4d data reading (248 sensor MEG system)

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Mar 10 20:09:55 CET 2011

Hi Mehmet,

It looks like you are working on a windows-machine. I have never tried
to read in 4D-data on a windows machine, but it looks like a windows
matlab thing.
The error message states that the second input argument to fseek (i.e.
nbytes2-32) needs to be of class double, whereas it is represented in
the file as e 4 byte integer.
Could you try if the following works: change the end of line 176 from
'uint32=>double' and report back to me whether this works (just send
it to me personally; not to the whole list)?
I will then test whether this change also works on linux/mac and will
commit this change to the release version of FieldTrip.

I noticed in the past that indeed the 'noise-reduced' files cannot be
directly read (mainly due to sparse documentation of the file format).
However, fieldtrip contains a function "ft_denoise_pca", which is
doing exactly the same as the 4D command-line programs "cfw" and "afw".

I hope this helps,

Jan-Mathijs

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: 0031-24-3614793