[FieldTrip] ft_componentanalysis component timecourse

Kanal Eliezer ekanal at cmu.edu
Fri Mar 4 15:10:57 CET 2011

Hello  -

I'm trying to use the ft_componentanalysis function to remove a motion artifact in my dataset, but I'm confused as to how this function works. If called as

component = ft_componentanalysis(cfg, data),

the output seems to be in two fields, component.topo and component.trials. However, neither of these seems to contain the actual components. "component.topo" holds some an NxN matrix, where N is the number of sensors; I would expect the components to be "N x time". "component.trials" is numTrials x sensors x time, which seems to represent many more components than were actually calculated. How do I get the actual component timecourses?

Thanks,
Eliezer