[FieldTrip] question about artifact rejection

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Thu Mar 3 09:43:32 CET 2011

Dear Mahdi,

In FieldTrip, you can either reject a trial or a channel completely for
your whole dataset. If you want to reject individual channels for single
trials, you have to do it manually. I would not recommend it, though,
because it will lead to inconsistencies and thus errors throughout the
rest of your analyses, e.g. for freqanalysis it is necessary to have the
same amount of channels for all trials. You can hack your way through
this by replacing the corresponding channel with NaNs or zeros, but that
will also lead to problems and may make your results invalid (depending
on what you want to do). My advise would be to dismiss the whole trial
or use ICA to remove certain components (a tutorial can be found on the
FieldTrip website)

Best,
Jörn

On 3/2/2011 7:35 PM, m m wrote:
> Hi FT users,
>
> I have a question about artifact rejection. Is there any method to
> reject one channel in one trial and not whole channel of that trial?
>
> Thanks
> Mahdi

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student