[FieldTrip] 4d data reading (248 sensor MEG system)

Yuval Harpaz yuvharpaz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 20:20:37 CET 2011

do you have the config file near the data?

On 10 March 2011 20:35, Mehmet-Akif Coskun <mcoskun at mail.uh.edu> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>

>    Thanks for the reply. I tried reading from the raw data as suggested in
> the link and i always getting an error like below.
>

> hdr=ft_read_header('E:\fieldtrip_data\c,rfhp0.1Hz')
>

> ?? Error using ==> fseek
> Offset must be of class double
>

> Error in==> fileio\private\read_4d_hdr_at_183
>          fseek(fid,nbytes2 - 32, 'cof');
>

> Error in ==> ft_read_header_at_246
>        orig                   = read_4d_hdr(datafile,configfile)
>

> the data that i try to read is raw data (unprocessed) but still i can't
> read. Previously i was trying the data that has been processed to remove
> environmental noise in 4d meg system sofware, and that didnt work too.
>

> Which part i am missing?
>

> Thanks
> Mehmet

Y.Harpaz

a link to the BIU MEG lab:
http://faculty.biu.ac.il/~goldsa/index.html

 " Why, Dan," ask the people in Artificial Intelligence, "do you waste your
time conferring with those neuroscientists? They wave their hands about
information  processing and worry about where it happens, and
which neurotransmitters are  involved, and all those boring facts, but
they haven't a clue about the computational requirements of higher
cognitive functions."  "Why," ask the neuroscientists, "do you waste your
time on the fantasies of Artificial Intelligence? They just invent
whatever machinery they want, and say unpardonably ignorant things about the
brain." The  cognitive psychologists, meanwhile, are accused of concocting
models with neither biological plausibility nor proven computational powers;
the anthropologists wouldn't know a model if they saw one, and the
philosophers, as we all know, just take in each other's laundry, warning
about confusions they themselves have created, in an arena bereft of both
data and empirically testable theories. With so many idiots working on the
problem, no wonder consciousness is still a mystery.* Philosopher Daniel
Dennet, consciousness explained, pp. 225*