[FieldTrip] difficulty with nifti format and ft_write_volume

Jen Whitman jenwhitman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 01:46:15 CET 2011

Hello Jan,

I agree that the source of the problem is not the nifti_img filetype, as I
get the same problem in spm8 with the nifti filetype.

I followed your suggestion of running a parallel analysis in spm2, on the
same version of FieldTrip (my previous successful spm2 analysis was
performed with a much earlier version of FieldTrip). I of course ensured
that spm2 was the only spm version in the matlab path before running this.
The plot for the volume segmentation in spm2 looked fine, and as shown in
the attached plot, the output of ft_sourceinterpolate (and then
ft_sourceplot) appears to be fine.

However, with this version of FieldTrip I now encounter an error calling
ft_volumenormalise. Below is the output. As the errror message suggests,
there are indeed NaNs in the locations of sourcetemp.avg.pow corresponding
to grid.outside.

What solution do you suggest?

Thanks as always,

Jen

>>     cfg = [];
         cfg.coordinates  = 'ctf';
         cfg.nonlinear     = 'no';
         cfg.spmversion='spm2';
         cfg.template
='/home/woodwardlab/spm2FieldTrip/fieldtrip-20110224/external/spm2/templates/T1.mnc';
         sourcetempIntN = ft_volumenormalise(cfg, sourcetempInt);
the input is volume data with dimensions [256 256 256]
not downsampling anatomy
not downsampling avg.pow
not downsampling inside
converting input coordinates from CTF into approximate SPM coordinates
??? NaN's cannot be converted to logicals.

Error in ==> spm_create_vol>create_vol at 102
    if swapped,

Error in ==> spm_create_vol at 14
        v = create_vol(V(i));

Error in ==> volumewrite_spm at 67
Va         = spm_create_vol(Va);

Error in ==> ft_write_volume at 61
    V = volumewrite_spm(filename, dat, transform, spmversion);

Error in ==> ft_volumenormalise at 219
  ft_write_volume([cfg.intermediatename,'_' tmp '.img'], data, 'transform',
interp.transform,
  'spmversion', cfg.spmversion);