[FieldTrip] working with neuromag data

Tavabi, Kambiz TAVABIK at email.chop.edu
Fri Jun 10 20:21:30 CEST 2011

As per advise from Arjen, I was able to use following steps
1) ft_preprocessing on your stimulus averaged epoch data. This should give you a data structure with 6 trials (which are actually the averages per condition).
2) ft_timelockanalysis with cfg.trials = 1 (2,3..until 6). And repeat this so you end up with 6 timelocked structures representing the 6 different conditions.
to create individual condition averaged ft data structures which I can visualize using ft_topoplotER(cfg,data)
data:
avg: [338x651 double]
        var: [338x651 double]
    fsample: 1000
       time: [1x651 double]
        dof: [338x651 double]
      label: {338x1 cell}
     dimord: 'chan_time'
       grad: [1x1 struct]
        cfg: [1x1 struct]
however when i use;
cfg = [];
cfg.showlabels = 'yes';
cfg.fontsize = 6;
cfg.ylim = [-10e-13 10e-13]
ft_multiplotER(cfg, data);
Fieldtrip chruns through creating the
selection avg along dimension 1
selection dof along dimension 1
selection var along dimension 1
creating layout from data.grad
creating layout for neuromag306 system

but the resutling figure is an empty figure containing only layout with ch lables without any data what so ever. Any ideas why this might be?

Following up my question on plotting: Why would the granaverge structure lose the channel layout information instead of carrying it over from the Timelock structure?
ft_topoplotER(cfg,grandavgc1)
??? Error using ==> ft_prepare_layout at 532
no layout detected, please specify cfg.layout

Error in ==> ft_topoplotER at 408
lay = ft_prepare_layout(cfg, data);

-Kambiz.
Kambiz Tavabi PhD