[FieldTrip] Using ICA to filter data

frank@greenant.net fieldtrip at greenant.net
Thu Jun 16 18:42:58 CEST 2011

I am trying to use fieldtrip to filter EOG data obtained in an MRI.
I want to be able to spot the saccades in the samples and ideally measure their onset at the
end of each trial.

As you may guess, it's quite noisy and it's broad spectrum noise, despite pre-filtering.

Ideally, I would like to isolate the component that corresponds to the MRI interference
and then filter this out.

I have managed to import the data and can run ft_componentanalysis
but it fails with:

runica() - data size (1,30720) too small

My data is single channel, 40 epochs, each of 6 seconds (time locked to stim onset but not saccade onset)
Is there a different method I should be using?

I have posted some sample data and the current script (which reads in the
data and runs preprocessing) to the following urls:

http://greenant.net/temp/1_2_MRI_2011-04-29%2016:19:33.mat
http://greenant.net/temp/EOG_analysis.m