[FieldTrip] combining magnetometers and planad gradiometers for analysis

Stephan Moratti smoratti at psi.ucm.es
Fri Jun 3 11:00:18 CEST 2011

Hi Michael y Elena,

I am following your discussion with great interest as I have just started to work with Neuromag data. As FT uses the MNE toolbox to read the data I assume that the SSP vectors are applied to the data during reading the data. However, the SSP vectors are stored in "data.hdr.orig.projs". However, when I go on with averaging in the ERF from timelockanalysis I cannot find this info. So my question is, does FT apply the SSP vectors later on also to the leadfield when calculating it? I assume that not, as the SSP vectors are not passed on further. How can I apply the SSP vectors to the leadfield to get correct results?

Best and thanks,

STephan

El 02/06/2011, a las 19:20, Michael Wibral escribió:

> Hi Elena,
>
> I assume that you were well aware of the difficulties in beamforming evoked activty and baseline normalisation and these things, your results really look that way. I mus say I am quite puzzled by the results - could it be a color scaling problem in the plot? I think this mmay be a problem because most of your plot is a peak power, only a tiny corner seems to be in a low-amplitude range.
>
> What you could do as a workaround is to average the separate results with a weighting per voxel and  that is corresponding to the squared norms of the leadfields for the respective modalities for a given voxel , this would guarantee equal amounts of backprojected noise from both modalities (if I'm not mistaken).
>
> Michael

Stephan Moratti, PhD

see also: http://web.me.com/smoratti/

Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Facultad de Psicología
Departamento de Psicología Básica I
Campus de Somosaguas
28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)
Spain

and

Center for Biomedical Technology
Laboratory for Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de la Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
Campus Montegancedo

email: smoratti at psi.ucm.es
Tel.:    +34 679219982