[FieldTrip] granger causality

Tobias Staudigl tobias.staudigl at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Jun 13 15:02:55 CEST 2011

Thanks a lot for your answer, Jan-Mathijs ,

what "other confounding quantity" were you thinking of concerning the
shuffling across conditions?

There is another question i have:
Is there a way to  estimate the order of the mvar-model in fieldtrip, or
would one do it as implemented in the bsmart toolbox?
The bsmart toolbox uses the Akaike Information Criterion to find the
right order parameter. However, this criterion sometimes seems to have
trouble finding  a reasonable model-order.
Does anybody know a toolbox that uses other criterions, e.g., Bayesian
Information Criterion?
And, what is a "reasonable range of the model-order"? Is there any
convention or standard?
E.g., I m thinking of something like: "This order is too small/big to be
meaningful in this particular frequency band / for this particular
connectivity measure."

Any advice, ideas or literature suggestions welcome!
Thank you very much,
tobi