[FieldTrip] Functionality Change - new implementation of ft_databrowser, also replaces ft_componentbrowser

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Thu Jul 14 15:49:31 CEST 2011

Dear Community,

During the last weeks, we have been working on restructuring the
ft_databrowser. We mainly intended to keep the code clearer for
debugging purposes but also optimized efficiency of the code. Should you
experience any problems with the new implementation, please let us know
asap. Just in case: the old implementation will still be distributed as
ft_databrowser_old.

Additionally, we decided to stop developing ft_componentbrowser, because
ft_databrowser has the same functionality. If you want to look at your
components, you should call now:
cfg.viewmode = 'component';
cfg.layout = 'XXX.lay';
ft_databrowser(cfg, data);

In case you experience problems with the component viewmode, you can
still go back to the old componentbrowser by calling
ft_componentbrowser_old. However, for both databrowser_old and
componentbrowser_old, we will discontinue support and delete these
functions in future release, if the new implementation proofs to be stable.

With best regards, on behalf of the FT team,
Jörn

PS: If you have never heard of the databrowser and have no clue what the
databrowser is good for, please try it out. See also:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/walkthrough#visual_data_inspection

--
Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student