[FieldTrip] order of preprocessing steps in ERP analysis

E.vandenBroeke at chir.umcn.nl E.vandenBroeke at chir.umcn.nl
Fri Jul 1 13:56:02 CEST 2011

Dear fieldtrippers,

I would like to know if someone could answer my question.
In the analysis of ERPs I use some preprocessing steps to improve the
signal-to-noise ratio; down-sampling (from 2000 to 500 Hz) and filtering
(between 1-30 Hz).
What should I do first; down-sampling or filtering, or doesn't it make
any difference?

Thanks,

Best,
Emanuel van den Broeke

Het UMC St Radboud staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.