[FieldTrip] ICA problem

Sylvana sylvana.schister at utah.edu
Wed Jul 6 19:37:00 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to use ICA to clean EOG and ECG artifacts of neuromag data.
I am running ft_topoplotIC(cfg, comp), where 'comp' is the output of
ft_componentanalysis.

I get the following error message:

??? Error using ==> surf at 74
X, Y, Z, and C cannot be complex.

Error in ==> ft_plot_topo at 184
  h = surf(Xi-deltax/2,Yi-deltay/2,zeros(size(Zi)), Zi, 'EdgeColor',
'none', 'FaceColor', shading);

Error in ==> ft_topoplotER at 753
ft_plot_topo(chanX,chanY,datavector,'interpmethod',cfg.interpolation,...

Error in ==> ft_topoplotIC at 116
    ft_topoplotER(cfg, varargin{:});

The complex variable is 'Zi', which is taken from 'comp'. I can modify
the function to take the real part of the variable (or the absolute
value), but I am not sure if this would be the correct thing to do. In
case this is a bug, I thought I should report it. Any comments?

Thanks for your help,

Sylvana Schister
Univ. of Utah
Dept. of Bioengineering