[FieldTrip] more on artfifact rejection

Michael Wibral michael.wibral at web.de
Mon Jan 24 13:51:38 CET 2011

Hi Jan mathijs,

I tried to get option1 running, stumbled over the following little obstacle however:

I tried to keep one cfg throughout the steps ft_definetrial; ft_artifact_zvalue, ft_rejectartifcat (with option complete and some tracking of where artfecats were found), ft_preprocessing (cutting out the clean trials from the cont. data). IMHO this used to be the way most people did this kind of procesing a while ago.

However, I can't get ft_artifact_zvalue to run with different settings one after another for jump/musvle/EOG. FT claims after the first run of ft_artifact_zvalue that the z-value thing has been performed and refuse to detect other artifacts with new settings.

>From here I only see two alternative: specifying a really lengthy cfg every time a new (also struggling with the cfg.dataset versus cfg.datafile issue) and do the bookkeeping of cfg.trl and related things myself or manually removing the cfg.artdef.zvalue.artifct field to get the z-value based detection to run again. This seems a bit odd to me.

Any suggestions?

Michael