[FieldTrip] more on artfifact rejection

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Fri Jan 28 13:43:06 CET 2011

Dear Kambiz

Although other people's preferences might differ, I would suggest that you use visual inspection to detect your artifacts. For trial-based data you cannot apply filter padding. The consequence is that the automatic artifact detection routine implemented in fieldtrip is likely to suffer from false alarms at the edges of your trials, and reduced sensitivity away from the edges.

Visual detection of artifacts can be done using ft_rejectvisual (check out the three options it has), and using ft_databrowser.

best regards,
Robert