[FieldTrip] Question about Dr Eric Maris et al. paper

平野 昭吾 shhirano at npsych.med.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Wed Jan 12 10:51:19 CET 2011

Dear Dr Roemer van der Meij

I really  appreciate your kind answer!
Your answer enable me understand the statistics after Dr Maris's 5
steps.
However, there are still two points I'd like to understand.

First, after Dr Maris's 5 steps, I should get the largest claster
statistics from the clasters derived from observed data (hereinafter I
call these clasters as "observed clasters").
Then, I should enter your 3 steps.
In your 2nd step, I should compute cluster-level-statistics from
random permutation data.
Here, I have an question.
When I define clusters from random permutation data, which should I
define where clusters are the same place (e.g. time, sensor and so on)
as "observed clasters" or should I define newly where clusters are
from random permutation data regardless of the places of "observed
clasters"?
I think the latter is right, this is OK?

Second, If I have interests in the cluster that has the second or
third... non first largest cluster-level-statistics from the
experimental hypothesis, how should I test these clusters?

Thank you very much for your kindness!
Any answer help me.

Best regards,

Shogo