[FieldTrip] error in the artifact rejection tutorial?

Michael Wibral michael.wibral at web.de
Thu Jan 20 10:52:17 CET 2011

Dear fieldtrip community,

there seems to be a slight inconsistency in the tutorial section on artifact removal (which I otherwise like a lot because it calrifies a lot of the 'black-boxiness' of these particular fieldtrip functions (thanks a lot).
The part I am referring to is in the jump removal section.

It starts with the lines:

% jump
cfg                    = [];
if isfield(cfg, 'padding') && cfg.padding~=0
 padding = cfg.padding;
else
 padding = 0;
end

I wonder whther these lines should go somewhere else as after clearing cfg the code will alwazs end up in the second part if the if condition, as there can be no 'padding' field.
Didn't want to change this my self, as I might misunderstand something.

Michael