[FieldTrip] problem with ft_read_mri

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Sun Feb 20 21:03:12 CET 2011

Dear Yaqub (and Cristian, who recently had a similar question)

FieldTrip uses SPM for some of the MRI reading and processing. For that purpose, fieldtrip/external/spm2 and  fieldtrip/external/spm8 are included in the fieldtrip release version. These are automatically added to the path when needed, but will not be added to the path if you already have another version of spm on your path.

Your problem (not having the mex file for the right problem) should be solved if you ensure that fieldtrip/external/spm8 is on your path. That version of SPM8 includes the mex files for 64 bit MS Windows and for 64 bit Mac OS X. The ft_read_mri will then call the correct compiled mex file.

best regards,
Robert