[FieldTrip] Modification of ft_timelockgrandaverage cfg.keepindividual

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Feb 10 12:17:21 CET 2011

Dear Lucie,

Yes, indeed this has recently been changed. The logic behind it is the
following:

One either typically wants to keep the individuals, OR the average.

If in your case you need the average, you have to specify
cfg.keepindividual = 'no';

Keeping both the average and the individual leads to an inconsistent
definition of the data structure.
The field 'dimord' does not allow for an unequivocal interpretation of
both indidual and avg are present.

If you need both the individual, and the avg, you now need to run
ft_timelockgrandaverage twice, once with cfg.keepinididual = 'yes',
and once with cfg.keepindividual = 'no';

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs

Dr. J.M. (Jan-Mathijs) Schoffelen
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,