[FieldTrip] EMG data

Holly Rossiter H.Rossiter at ion.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 3 15:25:59 CET 2011

Dear Fieldtrip,

I am new to fieldtrip and am using it to look at MEG-EMG coherence. I am
trying to load in my EMG data which is in a separate data file to the MEG.
It is made up of  3 files (.eeg, .vhdr and .vmrk). I am trying to follow the
coherence tutorial I previously downloaded from your website but I'm not
able to define trials despite there being triggers present.

Here are my attempts to load in the data with the following error...

cfg = [];

cfg.trialfun = 'trialfun_general';

cfg.trialdef.eventtype = '1';

cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = [1 1];

cfg.trialdef.prestim = 1;

cfg.trialdef.poststim = 2;

cfg.dataset = 'sf_EMG.eeg';

cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);

evaluating trialfunction 'trialfun_general'

reading the events from 'sf_EMG.vhdr'

??? Error using ==> ft_definetrial at 136

no trials were defined, see DEFINETRIAL for help

What do you suggest is the problem? Is it not reading the triggers
correctly?

Thanks,

Holly